The Wyomissing Foundation was established in 1926 by Ferdinand Thun, Henry Janssen, and Gustav Oberlaender, German industrialists who founded and operated successful businesses in Berks County, Pennsylvania. The Wyomissing Industries, as their business ventures were called, included Textile Machine Works, the Narrow Fabric Company, and the Berkshire Knitting Mills.
Philanthropy and good citizenship have always been recognized as hallmarks of the Foundation. Today, its mission continues to be carried out by community leaders and Thun family members, descendents of Ferdinand and Anna Thun, the leading developers of the Foundation.
In keeping with the vision of the founders, the work of The Wyomissing Foundation continues to have a positive and meaningful impact on initiatives that improve the quality of life in the communities it serves.