THUN FAMILY GRANTS PROGRAM
Family Grants are made only through direct descendants of Ferdinand and Anna Thun. Family Grants are awarded by a committee of family members using grant guidelines specific to the Family Grants Program.
Please Note: Because of the special nature of the program, the Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals for Thun Family Grants. Do not use the Applying Section of this website to make your request. All applications for Family Grants must be facilitated and presented to the Foundation by a member of the Thun family.
The Family Grants Program (FGP) was developed to meet the following goals:
- To increase family participation in The Wyomissing Foundation;
- To involve family members in philanthropic activity in order to make an impact on issues in communities with which they identify;
- To find and fund innovative projects/programs in other communities that could be replicated by The Wyomissing Foundation.
The objective of the FGP’s grant making is to fund grants in the following general fields of interest:
- Arts and Culture
- Human Services/Health Care
- Community and Economic Development
- Social Justice
TYPES OF FAMILY GRANTS
The Family Grants Program will make two types of grants:
- Program grants will support the activities nonprofits undertake, such as direct service, policy advocacy, and education of the public.
- Organizational development grants will support nonprofits’ organizational needs, including operating support, technical assistance, leadership development and organizational capacity building.